Monday, December 28, 2009

another riddle

Q: Who was walking back from setting up a new volunteer's room at dusk, stepped into a hole in the ground, and sprained her ankle?

A: Okay, seriously, how is this even a question? Surely it couldn't be the same person who, in the very first post of this blog, summarized her travels like so: Mostly I fall down a lot. And cuss. Sometimes both at once.

I didn't actually fall down this time, but I did cuss to beat the band. Pippi was a little stunned. "I'm not sure I've heard you drop the f-bomb before," she said.

"FUCK FUCK MOTHERFUCKER," I replied. "HIJO DE PUTA. FUCKBUCKET. THIS WOULD BE A REALLY GOOD TIME TO EXPAND MY THAI VOCABULARY."

Fortunately, I have managed to work out a way to walk on it. Painfully and with a certain amount of je ne sais quoi (literally, "looking like a jackass"), but mobility is mobility. Never mind the fact that I am an evolutionary oversight - I can limp around almost as quickly as a hog-tied turtle. I hope that image haunts your dreams tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I managed to sprain my ankle stepping on to the dock the other day. Luckily, I fell back on to the dock swearing, and not towards the boat, where I would have fallen in the water and gotten squished.

    What I'm saying is, I feel your pain. Mostly literally.

    ReplyDelete